Episodes about Random:
Bagels, keeping talks relevant, and Pam drinks caffeine
- Midwest JS
- Thomas Fuchs on Twitter: "Marc was almost ready to implement his "hello world" React app
- Create Apps with No Configuration
- este/este: Starter kit for full–fledged React apps. One stack for browser, mobile, server.
- Montreal bagels
- AWS Lambda
- Comcast Lab Week: How Our Startup Spirit Drives Innovation
- mitchellh/gox: A dead simple, no frills Go cross compile tool
- Releases · justincampbell/plop
- AWS Lambda - Serverless Compute
- serverless/serverless: Serverless Framework – Build web, mobile and IoT applications with serverless architectures via AWS Lambda and API Gateway (formerly known as JAWS) –
- LGBTQ Tech Podcast
- sindresorhus/ava: Futuristic test runner
- Hybrid sweet spot: Native navigation, web content – Signal v. Noise
- Empire City Elixir Conf
- Justin's (960×1280)
- LambdaConf 2015: Bigger, Better, Boulder (May 22-24, 2015)
- Node.js Foundation
- Nomad - HashiCorp
- 2016 Baseball Hack Day is on March 19
We do a 2015 retrospective and look forward to 2016.
We talk about Apple TVs, BarCamp, Spices, Self-Organizing Teams, Productivity and Project Tracking Systems.
We talk about Slack, React, and more.
We catch up on work trainings, side projects, our current podcasting setup, and more.
- Tricking Out the Terminal: An Introduction
- Confreaks TV
- Ten fantastic zsh tricks you'll wonder how you lived without - YouTube
- Why Zsh is Cooler than Your Shell
- Developer On Fire - Pam Selle - Living Life
- Developer On Fire - Josh Nielsen - Using Customer Feedback to Create a Great Product
- Pam Selle on Instagram: “Got the Turing Incomplete logo (well, http://turing.cool) on the blinky pendant CC @justincampbell”
- It's September, Forever
- Episode 13: Books pt 1: The Foundations
We debate streaming music services, get jealous of Len's new home, and ponder the future of Ruby and Elixir.
Benefit from the evilness.
Justin tries really hard to make a good recursion pun, but gets stuck in a loop. Also, keyboards!
We go through some issues in our backlog and talk about editors, signing our work and time management.
We discuss "Waterwheel", Agile, Lean, and Rewrites.
- Waterwheel Methodology — Medium
- How to Manage the "7 Wastes" of Agile Software Development
- Interview: Mary and Tom Poppendieck on using Lean for Competitive Advantage
- Glen Mailer on Twitter: "Shiny new estimation cards. Did I buy enough? No idea. http://t.co/zglAIwvMIP"
- Lessons learned from the big rewrite
- The Big Rewrite - Chad Fowler
- Uncle Bob Martin on Twitter: "Is a major rewrite every justified? Usually not. But in this case… http://t.co/QaFIxPHa"
- The Big Redesign In The Sky
- Forward 2
- Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game
Be a better human
2014 is in the bag! We discuss new podcasts Len and Justin are working on, have a look back on 2014, make plans for 2015, and lament recruiters.
It's the best way to not get disease.
You can't handle the heat.
If you have a lifestyle…
- Pam: Flux
- Len: ProTube
- Jearvon: A Supplemental Guide to Caleb Doxsey’s Book on Golang
- Justin: Switch.vim
Not the same degree of early
- Pam: Belize
- Len: Serial
- Jearvon: Lake Street Dive, Strange Loop
- Justin: Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Users are the enemy of your computing.
There's reducers then there's transducers.